Our Rubber Mulch is made from 100% recycled tire rubber and is available in in natural, green, red, blue, or brown. The natural is black with speckled white from the threads in the tires. The colored mulch is dyed with a non-toxic, highly durable paint. Of course, the steel bands in the tires are removed before the tires are ground into mulch.
Rubber vs. Wood
- The initial cost of wood mulch is less than rubber, but rubber mulch will save you money in the long run because it does not decompose or crumble, so it never needs to be replaced.
- Unlike wood mulch, rubber that is exposed to moisture does not stain your child's clothing.
- Wood mulch is generally replaced every year, whereas rubber mulch is virtually maintenance free. An occasional light raking of leaves or branches may be required if it is located near trees.
- Wind and rain are not a problem for rubber mulch; wood mulch will float to the top of the water and get carried away, or be blown away in strong wind.
- Rubber mulch is easy on tender feet!
Did You Know...
Over 60 studies conducted over the past 20 years by government agencies and top universities have researched every possible hazard that could be potentially related to rubber mulch. The studies have unanimously concluded that recycled rubber is the safest & most economical option!